Sunday, November 2, 2008

Fall vacation in New England























































A couple of weeks ago, I was able to go on a cruise to New England and Canada. It was a gift from my parents, (thanks Mom and Dad) that included my Aunt Kay, brother Glenn and his wife, Linda, along with their two daughters. There were 8 of us altogether. We flew into New York City and stayed a couple of days with Auntie baby Kay. Did the whole New York thing including a viewing of The Phantom of the Opera, the top of the Rock (Rockafella Ctr. Bldg), eating NY pizza, Lenny's bagels, riding the subway, Macy's and Times Square. Just to name a few of my favorite things. We boarded the vessel on a Sunday and cruised up the coast through Newport, RI; Boston, MA; Bar Harbor, ME (the water was too choppy and we couldn't take the tender to shore); St. John, Newbrunswick; and Halifax, Nova Scotia. My Dad and I saw the best fall colors in the Boston countryside. We each had our favorite sites. I guess the only bad part of the trip was that out of the 8 of us, 3 got that norovirius and ended up having to be quarantined for a couple of days. Bummer!

No comments: